Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No biopsy today

Another twist today....I was prepped and ready to go for the biopsy, but my blood work showed that my blood is too thin and surgery is unsafe. I've been on Coumadin to keep the blood thin because of clotting problems and levels hadn't dropped enough to do the biopsy today.

Disappointing, especially since I had to take a day off from teaching, but I'd rather be safe than sorry! The biopsy has been rescheduled for Friday afternoon and I was given a dose of Vitamin K today to help counteract the Coumadin.

Turned out to be a hidden blessing as my brother, Matt, is here for a few days and the "reprieve" allowed me to spend a gorgeous, sunny afternoon with him. A very nice treat!

I'll keep you posted, but as it stands now, we're scheduled for Friday and will go from there. Still feeling good and loving a Portland Indian summer.

Love and hugs to all, Susan

No comments: