Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Brain MRI came back clean – no abnormalites.

OK, I’ll give you a few minutes to chuckle about all the comments to be made about the brain MRI. It is a hard phrase to put together….”They found nothing”? Or “There is nothing there” or….you fill in the rest. :-)
Regardless, the huge praise is there is no evidence of cancer in the brain – thank you, God!

As I was walking to the admit desk for Radiology yesterday (to check in for the MRI), I noticed a framed quote on the wall that I hadn’t noticed before. Mind you, I’ve walked by this area many times in the past weeks and for some reason, this frame caught my eye. It read “Do not be afraid and know that I am with you” (from Isaiah). I smiled and pointed it out to mom and said “I love how the Lord gives me little reminders and assurances that He is always with me”. Gave me great comfort for the rest of the day.

Later in the day, I met with Dr. Jaswari (the endocrinologist). Delightful man, very thorough and turns out we had lots in common with trips to South America. I’m scheduled for a pancreatic endoscopy on Thursday (the 11th) at 2:00 pm. Another fun “exploration” down the throat and into the intestines to get to the pancreas (with anesthetics!) – he’ll look at/and biopsy the nodule in the pancreas and we go from there. I’d ask what the prize is for winning this scavenger hunt, but I think we all know what I want (as does everyone!). Another “red herring” for Dr.Karulf :-)

The meeting with Dr. Karamlou (the oncologist) is rescheduled for Thursday, Dec. 18th and the outcome of that meeting will be dictated by what is found (or, more importantly, not found!) in the pancreas.

The blessings continue to flow abundantly. I am teaching today and will until they tell me I can’t – it is so wonderful to be with my kiddos. Yesterday, I noticed a tiny yellow rose bud on the rose bush in front of my window, such a little spot of “sunshine” and last night, I held a sleeping baby snuggled up against me for a few hours (Arly is all of one month old now) while visiting a friend. All that and Hawaiian chocolate with macadamia nuts too. The cards and calls and help I’ve received from all my dear friends and family – absolutely wonderful.
I feel so loved and so very blessed.

Driving home last night, I noticed a bumper sticker on the car in front of me. Dark blue background, white letters. It read “Expect Miracles” and I do! God gives us so many each and every day. Take a moment to celebrate the reason for this season – Jesus.

Love and hugs to you all, thank you so much for your prayers. God is listening.

Susan

P.S. It's easy to see why Sue is an inspiration to all. Reading her note inspires me and I'm sure each of you. Matt

2 comments:

Norma said...

I admire your attitude and what a blessing to have the gift of appreciation in every little moment that may have otherwise not been appreciated.
Thanks for the update and I prayed all day for you yesterday. I'm blessed to have the opportunity. Thank you for sharing. Norma.

MOM JO said...

Hi Sue,

Mike just told us about what is going on, we are so sorry. You have always treated us like family and so it goes with out saying that we are devistated that you will have to go through this. Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep the positive attitude you WILL beat this. Last time I saw you - I asked you to give your mom a hug from me - please ask her to give you a hug from us. You are in our prayers! Pat Johannsen (Mike & Judith's friends)