Monday, December 15, 2008

God said "Plan B"

The best way to describe today's results is to forward the note Sue sent to family this evening.

Hello dear ones,

I've talked with most of you today, so you know what Dr. Karulf told me this morning.....the cancer has definitely moved to the pancreas (confirmed with the biopsy results) so surgery is no longer an option and we move directly to chemo. I meet with Dr. Karamlou on Thursday at 4:00 and he'll tell me what the chemo protocol should be. Matt is talking with Mike Dougherty to see if I can get into his oncologist (Dr. Mann) and cancer team Friday or next week for the second opinion.

I know you're in shock with this news and I was too. Certainly not what I wanted to hear, and actually, didn't really expect, but regardless, God is still in charge and knows the path. I am grateful that God trusts me enough to be on this journey and pray that it will be an opportunity, as a cancer survivor (which I intend to be), to bless others with my story in the future. A very bumpy road ahead for the next months, but I am thankful He still (always) has me in the center of His palm and is with me every step of the way. I'm thankful too that I still feel good - no pain or other symptoms - and am enjoying some quiet time at home. If you've checked the Portland weather reports, you'll know what I mean. We are socked in with some extremely cold, snowy winter weather and schools are closed again tomorrow. With the wind chill, I think it's all of 9 degrees outside right now and I'm happy to be inside, snug and warm! I think there's a dvd and a big bowl of popcorn scheduled for the evening events :)

Love to you all, sending hugs and prayers,

Susan

No comments: