Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sundays with Susan: Psalm 139 says it all










Hey Big Sis!
Last Sunday in Church, we discussed Psalm 139: 1-4. It really touched me and I immediately thought of you. Psalm 139: 1-4 says:

1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

God knows everything about us. He makes His work “plain” to us. He often acts in ways we may not see at first. I truly believe God speaks to you through the children you teach. They make you so happy! They sure are lucky to have such an amazing teacher! Dad showed me the newspaper article that you were in. I saw the whiteboard in the background with all the words of encouragement the children have written to you. What wonderful children! You are an inspiration to everyone.

You are such a strong person Sue, and your faith in God amazes me. You put everything in His hands and you know that the Lord is with you. I heard this song the other day and I wanted to share it with you. I’m not sure if you have heard it before, but it was written for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The song is called Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow and the lyrics are:


I heard the news today. It came out of nowhere.
I wish I could run away,
but where would I go?
Is this my destiny? Something so unfair... What will become of me?
God only knows.

And they say the road to heaven might lead us back through hell.
Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, we will win this fight and bury this sorrow.
We're so alive, still holding on, not ready to die, so we LIVESTRONG.

My pride is left for dead, as my world gets shaken.
The thoughts inside my head are so hard to control.
I am staring down the unknown, but one thing is certain.
You could break my body, but you will never break my soul.

And they say the road to heaven might leads us back through hell, but we're holding on for more than stories to tell.
Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, we will win this fight and bury this sorrow.We're so alive, still holding on, not ready to die, so we LIVESTRONG.

Love you,
Tara

I also attached the link if you would like to listen to the song and read the lyrics.

1 comment:

Alayna said...

Mrs. McCormick... You were also in my thoughts as I participated in my school's Relay For Life! I have to admit that I forgot to make a luminaria (there are just too many people I know who have been affected by cancer...), but I was definitely thinking of you!

Check out this picture of me (on the far left) and the rest of the Relay For Life committee: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1738399&l=94a1e66294&id=512218308