Friday, May 8, 2009

Scan Results are Encouraging

Praises to God for answered prayers! I met with Dr. Karamlou yesterday and the news of the scan results were good. The tumor in the lung and the lymph node has shrunk to a size slightly larger than a quarter. Considering it was about the size of my loosely clenched fist when we first started, this is great news! No changes in the pancreas or surrounding nodes and this is good news too. There isn't an expectation of much shrinkage of these tumors and the hope is to stem any progression so no changes is a good thing. I continue with the Tarceva and Gemsar chemo treatments and another scan will be done in about 6 weeks. It was great to get some good news and thanks to God for His mercies and listening to all the prayers.

Chemo went well yesterday - had to switch veins midstream but, thankfully, it wasn't too painful and I felt fine when done. I'm still feeling good, no symptoms or significant side effects and decent energy. My hair is starting to grow in at a more rapid pace and is still white with a dark patch here and there (I guess I'm the 102nd Dalmation :). It's showing signs of curl here and there as well. I must admit, I've gotten used to the semi-baldness and the ease in washing my head in the morning. Buff dry and done! I'm only half kidding when I tell people I might just keep it this way for awhile. Saves a bundle on hair care, that's for sure, and I always have "Marge" when hair is absolutely necessary :)

Today is a gorgeous sunny Portland spring day and I'm going to go enjoy the sunshine when I'm done here. Hope all of you have a great weekend. I know I plan to!

Love and hugs to all, and so many heartfelt thanks for your care and prayers. God is listening!

Susan

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Susan, What terrific, terrific news! God brought you to mind so many times between breakfast on Wednesday and the news getting on Thursday. We're all in this with you and we were all ready for some good news, so well done! xoxo Melissa

Unknown said...

Taniya and I love you, Susan. God bless you!

Rob said...

Sue,
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless you.
Love, Rob