Saturday, January 9, 2010

Update on Sue

Yesterday (Friday morning), Sue was admitted to Emanuel Hospital (503-413-7711) in Portland due to having trouble breathing. The doctors have determined it was pneumonia and she is currently transferring from the ICU to the 6th floor (room 682) which is where they house cancer patients. She is responding well and on medication. The good news is that she is on the road to recovery and the current radiation is working. The troubling news is that they found two additional nodules in her liver and a few existing smaller nodules have enlarged over the past few weeks.

Sue will continue with radiation and will start the chemo procedure this Friday to address the new liver nodules. As you can imagine, Sue's attitude is positive and if you wish to send her a note or call with support, make sure the nurse checks in to see if she is awake. They had her on morphine last night which knocked her out.

Prayer support is also appreciated.

Matt

3 comments:

Cindy Sorum said...

We just left the hospital and she was awake and eating some dinner. She seemed to be feeling some better and of course was cheerful as ever. We love Susan so much. Thanks for the updates to her blog, Matt.

Skip and Cindy

Unknown said...

MY BIRTHDAY IS ON JANUARY 9TH AND I AM SO SORRY THAT IT WAS A BAD DAY FOR SUE. I CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HER DAILY AND HER ATTITUDE ACTUALLY LIFTS ME UP AND COMPARED TO HER I HAVE NO PROBLEMS!! WHAT A WOMAN OF FAITH SHE IS!!!! GOD IS HOLDING HER HAND EVERY DAY. I HAVE PRAYED FOR THE MIRACULOUS ALL ALONG....I STILL DO...JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF. MAY YOU GET OUT OF THE HOSPITAL SOON AND GET BACK TO YOUR KIDS..LOVE..TONI LOTHER

Unknown said...

Dearest Sue...

I just read the last word from Matt and more than anything I am frustrated because YOU ARE SUCH A WOMAN of God and we all need you. How selfish is that?!! Just reading your blog this last year has been an inspiration to me and I know everyone who knows you. God seems to be wanting you more but I want to arm wrestle Him and say "No, the miracle you are going to perform is still going to happen!" Enough said...am mad at God I guess. Thank you for just being uniquely you and the miracles you have performed for all who have known you....You are an angel my dear. God bless you every second..Love..toni