Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Prayer

Dear God,
I am asking for some extra time this month between you and my sister Sue. As you know she is ill with cancer and is in dire need of rest and energy to fight this dreaded disease. You have my permission to extract it all from her body and insert it into mine. She is everything to me and many others reading my prayer. In my heart of hearts, I know she will do great things before she enters heaven's gates and this chapter is not ready to end. I found out today that she is home, but very weak. There were inconclusive evidence regarding infection and malignancy from the fluid in her lungs. Her blood counts are low, but improved since last week. She has x-rays on the 15th to see if there is additional lung fluids and if so it looks like a drainage tube will be inserted. She is also having blood work on Friday and chemo on the 18th. Physically she is very fatigued and frustrated she cannot take care of herself. She is grateful for her mother Carolyn, Tracy & Craig, Carol, Sheila and of course, Annie. She also references her work colleagues and the West Valley family as well as many other angels who have communicated encouragement.
Of course you already know this because you are Lord and Savior, so my prayer is simple. Take out the cancer, provide her health back and insert energy back into that glorious body so we can have our Sue back.
Amen

I will be up there Thursday to help care for my 100 ct. diamond.

I love you Sue and know God has a plan. I just pray HIS plan and my plan are aligned. Now that I've lost 10 lbs in tears all over this keyboard, it's time for rest. You do the same and I'll see you in 48 hrs.

Love,
Matt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen!

We are praying for you Sue. Please God give her the strength and the determination to beat this hurdle. And Please God help heal her so that there won't be any more hurdles to jump. Thank You God for Your love and strength and for giving Sue such a wonderful family that loves her and will do anything for her.

Pat and Bob Johannsen