Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sundays with Susan

This section is dedicated to those who would like to write Sue a personal note of encouragement. Please forward your personal notes to me at mmccormick@peets.com and I will place on the following Sunday. We have four this week. One from Charlotte, Fred & Susie Kennelly, Joanne Kachmarsky, & Toni .

Dear Susan,
Whenever I talk with Kari or Jon, I ask how you are doing. They have been without a computer for almost three months now. (I think they are soon to be back on-line.) We're doing a Bible Study in Esther, and it reminds of your courage to face life as it is being handed to you right now! John & I pray for you. But it's really good to realize than if no one else on the face of the earth is praying at this time, Jesus is!! We know He is faithful; He'll walk with you in the most trying times, and to give you reason to praise Him.
Love you,
Charlotte

An e-mail sent this week I thought Sue should see.
Hi Matt!
I just can't tell you how inspirational your dear sister Sue is. Words can't express just how much the glory, love, peace and long-suffering of Jesus shines through on her face and in her writings! I know what a good brother you are to her.... I know she appreciates you and all of your family.... You all have a sense of humor and sense of fun, which you even seem to be able to bring into this dire, serious and painful situation. I don't know how anyone could not believe in the evidence of God after seeing His presence in Sue. We are praying and send our love to you. Love you tons,
Susie and Fred Kennelly

Dear Susan:
I got your note a few weeks ago, and I thought how you didn't have to do that, with all that you have going on in your life right now. But the more I read your blogs, the more I see that is how you are! I just want you to know that I pray for you daily, as does my husband. We are not together. He is in Charlotte, NC since the end of Oct. and I am in Ohio, waiting... patiently...for our house to sell and I will join him. But we have talked about you like we know you! I hope to one day meet you and tell you in person what an encouragement you have been to me. I know how big God is! It sounds like you have some incredible doctors. I believe the Lord gives them to us so He can work through them. He is the "Great Physician", and I know that you believe this too. I'm not sure how much Tara has told you about me. I have experienced first hand the Lord's healing touch. Back in Oct. 2004, I had a brain aneurysm. I went to the hospital to get something for pain because my husband and I were going on a missions trip to Haiti, and I thought I couldn't have that pain in Haiti. I thought it was a pinched nerve. Shows you what I know! Although, as I look back, I convinced the paramedics that it was a pinched nerve. They told my husband to take me to the hospital because with a pinched nerve it's better if you're upright instead of laying down. Shows you what they know! Ha! Ha! To make a long story short, they were doing brain surgery and the aneurysm ruptured. They were in there, so they were able to clean it up. But then I had a stroke, and am still recovering from it! My left eye was closed. They told me that the optic nerves has been cut during the surgery and that it would never open again. I am right handed, and my right side was paralyzed (the aneurysm was on the left). I could only wiggle my toes. Through the years since, I've been to Haiti...twice! In Feb. of 2007 and again in 2008. The team I go with is there now. I would be there with them, but the Lord has other plans for me... like getting my house back on the market so it can be sold (which I did this past week). Why am I telling you all of this? I guess it's to let you know that though I've not been on the cancer journey that you are on right now, I have been on a very hard road myself. And the outcome is the same. And that is... GOD IS GOOD...ALL THE TIME! I had a very good friend of mine ask me if I ever am angry that I'm not further along in my recovery. My response was, "No. Because I know me. I'd be going about my life afraid I'd wouldn't be dependent upon God. I need Him... every day! And I Praise Him, for every day that He gives me." I know that this is how you feel! I can sense it through your words on the blog. I can tell by the kind words you put in the note that you sent! I only hope to one day meet you and tell you in person, what a blessing to me you are! A couple of Bible verses that come to mind are: "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him" Lamentations 3:24-25 and "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 and one that is very special to me "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 Know that the Lord is with you when you go for chemo, when you go for radiation, when you go to the bathroom to be sick, when you go to bed to rest. And He tells us not to be discouraged or terrified. May you be blessed, because you are a blessing to many!
Love In Christ,
Joanne Kachmarsky (Jason's mom)

Hi Susan....
Am just coming to terms that you really have the dreaded "C" thing. I had it once and I know the first blow when you hear it. However, you are so strong and such an inspiration to all of us. You will get through this and use your blog to write a best seller- "Susan whups the Big C"! You write so transparently and with such honesty of spirit (with that cute 'twist' of humor). To say I enjoy your blog is awful but you write as if I am across the breakfast table enjoying YOU who are so delightfully unique. Yep...you will get through this and the book of your victory will be a World's Best Sellerl!! YOU GO GAL!
LOVE..TONI

No comments: